Meditation Retreat at SatDarshan Anaikatty
Meditation Retreat: SatDarshan, Anaikatty
The meditation retreat at Satdarshan is a picturesque place where the practice of mindfulness and introspection happens regularly. The feedback about the events conducted here earlier encouraged us to conduct regular programs every week.
We warmly invite you to our Meditation Centre SatDarshan. As a matter of fact, we purely run it for a noble cause for all the Seekers and contemplators.
The Venue & Location of the Meditation Retreat
SatDarshan is a tranquil resort for Meditation located in a calm and quiet atmosphere in Kottathara. Actually, the highlight of this retreat is private access to the perennial Siruvani River with crystal clear water. A real cool spot, indeed!
Facilities at the Resort
- Cleanly maintained room with attached bath.
- Three times vegetarian food with Tea/Snacks.
- Meditations at the sprawling Meditation Hall.
Apart from the above, there are 9 rooms with attached bath and toilet. Additionally, they can accommodate up to 9 persons. On the other hand, in case of a group booking, sixteen to eighteen or more persons can stay.
The charges for Indian resident is Rs 600/- per person per day and for Foreigners Rs 700/- per person. (The rates may change. Kindly confirm the prevailing rate before booking)
- Charges are Inclusive of accommodation, vegetarian food, Tea/Coffee and snacks.
- Charges for the Events fixed according to the facilitator fee and other amenities.
- Donations accepted gratefully with reverence, as it will aid the management to function better.
Non Profit motive
The objective of this fee is not for the purpose of revenue generation. Mainly to provide for the maintenance and salaries for the staff employed, we collect this fee. In addition, we have to take care of unexpected damages due to floods and miscellaneous expenses. Moreover, the amount we charge is a bare minimum taking into account the individual’s minimum expense for a day. Actually, those who are not able to afford this fee can stay free with food, based on the availability of rooms.
Following is a general routine of SatDarshan. There may be minor changes according to some situations and events.
5:30 am Wake up bell
6.00 -7.00 am Meditation
8.00 – 8.45 am Breakfast
9.00 – 10.30 am Seva (Selfless work)
12.00 -12.30 pm Meditation
12.30 – 1.15pm Lunch
4.00 – 4.45 pm Tea with Sharing
6.30 – 7.30 pm Meditation
7.30 – 8.15 pm Dinner
9.00- 10 pm Last Event & Lights out/Silence
Points to Remember
- To maintain the ethos and the atmosphere of the place, Alcoholic drinks, Smoking, Non-Vegetarian food items prohibited on the campus.
- Children below 13 years are not admissible for the participation (Children events organized separately)
- This is not an amusement resort. Therefore, it is important to know loud, noisy and boisterous behaviors are best avoided here.
- One and half hour’s Selfless Seva is Mandatory for this communal livelihood. Because we consider this as a working Meditation.
Address: SatDarshan, 7/634, Vada Kottathara,
Kottathara, Dist.: Palakkad. Pin: 678581
Easily accessible from Coimbatore City – 45 Kms.
Mobile: WhatsApp 9489663755, 9842231582, 9363222785
OCTOBER 13 to 15 OSHO CAMP
There were around 13 participants for this program. The camp concluded on Sunday at the Meditation Resort. We explored many meditations, silent sittings, swimming in the river and quietude. Summing up, in the future, we are looking forward to seeing more people in these gatherings where silence happens.
Take a look at the Gallery for the pictures of the participants.
If you have any comments, please post them here.
Thank you for reading this post.